Monday, September 26, 2005

Fixed Computer

Thanks to my friend M. I again have a working computer. Maybe it was last weekend or the weekend prior when my computer decided to totally quit working. The trick of unplugging everything and plugging it back in no longer helped get it going again.

So last week, we started diagnosing the issue and luckily was able to get it to boot up again with a different video card. Thing was once, we got the new card in, the drivers wouldnt install. So M, volunteered to take it home and reinstall windows and see if that would resolve the issues and load the drivers appropriately.

Thankfully all worked accordingly, so instead of purchasing a new computer, I am only out a small bit of money for a new video card. Overall I needed a new video card anyway, if I was ever to purchase or receive an LCD/Flat Screen monitor. Now Im fully equipped and awaiting that gift :-)

Plus now I can actually spend money on a new printer. Anybody got any thoughts on all-in-one printers.

Now its back to reinstalling all of the software onto my computer. Thanks again M :-)

No comments: