In my lifetime, I have seen very little real fire activity but in the past week, I have experienced two actual fire activities within close proximity to my family's house, neither of which currently have directly effected us.
The first came on Friday evening after my arrival home. We had a street full of fire trucks and police cars for at least a good hour. A neighbor down the streets house was the focus of attention and fire hoses actually attached to the nearby fire hydrant. Luckily according to information from a neighbor, the damage was mainly smoke because an aquarium which started the fire also ended up busting and putting the fire out before too much damage was done.
This evening as I was soundly sleeping I was nicely awakened by my brother and parents discussing something which sounded like another fire. This is no small fire but instead what seems to be a decent size fire back in the wooded area across the street, where fire trucks cannot get to nor fire hydrants located. Cops and fire trucks are placed at the very end of the street though. The clear night sky is full of smoke now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment