Yes, I know putting Assembly Hall and Rupp Arena in the same title together may make some of you skirmish around the countryside but here me out. The best way to outline what occurred in my life on Saturday is to give you a somewhat detailed time table of my day. So here it goes, please enjoy vicariously as I enjoyed Saturday immensely.
Approx 9 am - Pressed my blue blouse (Side Note)
11:45 am - Searching for my IU Id and ticket to the IU vs Illinois game
12:05 pm - Packed car for overnight trip and headed to Assembly Hall
12:20 pm - Arrive in section M of Assembly Hall for IU vs Illinois game wearing blue blouse
Slightly before 1 pm - Receive red scarf to finish off my outfit for the IU vs Illinois game (Sampson Out - See Side Note)
1:05 pm - Indiana University vs Illinois Mens Basketball Tip-Off in Assembly Hall
2:30 pm - Depart Assembly Hall with 10 mins to go in second half and a very close game
2:45 pm - Arrive to car, departing Bloomington, listening to the end of the IU game
3:17 pm - IU defeats Illinois 65-61, Turn on to I-65 towards the great state of KY
5:45 pm - Arrive in Lexington, KY for CKRSCCA banquet at the Campbell House
9:15 pm - Two sets of tickets to the UK vs Florida Game with current score of 10-5 Florida, up for auction
Briefly thereafter - Depart with fellow GS competitor with 2 tickets to UK vs Florida
9:45 pm - Arrive in seats at Rupp Arena, mid-court upper arena for UK vs Florida
Approx 11:05 pm - Depart Rupp Arena, after thrilling conclusion but unfortunate loss to Florida 64-61.
Shortly after 12 am - Arrive at competitors house to crash in spare bedroom.
Side Note-IU Athletic Board decided instead of a White Out or Red Out to do a Sampson Out. For those who do not know, Sampson is the head coach of IU and he wears a blue shirt with red tie to every game. I thought it was a great idea since I had to be dressed up for a banquet in Kentucky anyway. Instead of wearing my dress red shirt and getting harassed potentially when I arrived in Kentucky, I was wearing red though I did have my IU pin on the collar initially. One of the ladies whom I have seats with brought me a red scarf to finish off my IU Sampson outfit. In the end, it worked out perfectly because I was actually wearing blue at the UK game versus a potential red shirt or something else, hopefully it wouldn't have been orange.
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment