If you have not yet heard, Daylight Savings Time occurs the second Sunday of March and the first Sunday of November starting this year. Check out the US Naval Observatory Website for some history of DST.
The big question is what happens to all the electronics. Are they prepared to change for the new daylight savings time periods?
Here are a couple links that I found. I am sure those of you still working in IT might can provide some better and more useful insight into all of this than I.
ZDNet Article
Microsoft Article
If anyone has any true insight of what we all need to do in order to survive the change in DST from April to March, please let us know.
On top of this, I just realized that I will not be in town during the change so will get to enjoy coming back to start the last half of the semester and hope my computer hasn't blown up.
Friday, February 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
From what I understand, if you do regular updates on your computer, your computer stuff should be fine. One thing we discovered at work was that many of our appointments in our Outlook Calendars for March (from the new DST weekend until April) automatically got moved an hour later. So an appointment I had starting at 2:00pm was suddenly listed as 3:00pm. It was weird too, because it occurred with recurring appointments, which still said they were scheduled for the correct time, but we on the calendar for a different time. Very strange! I'm just going to wait and see if my electronics take care of themselves or not.
Post a Comment