Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Would you like to see 52 degree weather?

I am sure many of you said yes to the question posed in the title and hopefully it attracted you to actually read this. Take a 3.5 hour drive west from Lexington or 2.5 to 3 hour drive west and a smidge south. Yes you will still be in Kentucky but at 6:30 pm EST the temperature was in the low 50s. My parents had just been out on some errands , seeing absolutely no snow and 50 degree weather.

While on the other hand all of towards the east are freezing and snow covered. I hope everyone made it home safely. I took the bus into school today with no snow on the ground but some chilly temps to come out of work about 3:30 to see a good 4-6 inches of snow on the ground and sidewalks not cleared :-( I was able to make it safely to class across campus and then up to the bus stop, where I about froze waiting on the bus. I think they were running early or really late, definitely not on time. The roads are still slushy here though they are trying to clear them off. Looks like the snow is done for now, not sure if we are expecting more tonight or night. I am sure tomorrow will be another day on the bus. I find it a whole lot easier than cleaning the car off, driving, finding a parking spot, and most likely walking more than if I had just taken the bus.

Be careful in all of your travels and hopefully I will see some of you this weekend as long as the weather cooperates.

No comments: