Sunday, June 10, 2007

Computer Woes Again :-(

Any suggestions on what might be the problem:
The keyboard has been continuously deciding it does not want to work anymore. Then all of a sudden it starts working to just five minutes later stop again. Then I finally got it working but it was in a permanent state of Shift key down. Numbers were symbols and the number pad wouldn't work at all. I rebooted the machine and the keyboard refused to work. I have since opened up the computer and tried to remove as much of the dust that I possibly can. Currently, it is working but that does not mean a whole lot. Seems similar to problems from almost 2 years ago though currently it is only the keyboard acting up.

Any assistance is appreciated.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Well, my two thoughts are that it's either your keyboard or your motherboard (specifically the keyboard controller). Try a different keyboard and see if the problems persist. If they do, it's probably your MB, and that's not a good thing :-) Check and make sure your keyboard keys aren't sticking. My Control-key sticks sometimes. Just have to clean it out.

BeNotAfraid said...

Pretty sure the keys are not sticking because you bang and bang on them and nothing seems to change. It is more in the functioning.

The MB theory is probably the more accurate one. I am hoping maybe now that I removed the 6 inches of dust off the computer maybe that will help.

Any suggestions for really getting the dust out of the computer. It still has a lot trapped in there that I couldn't get to. I don't want to cause some static issue and really blow things up.

The computer is probably a good 6 years old :-)