Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Louisville's New Archbishop Named
Scanning through the feeds, I found the above article about the naming of a new Archbishop for the Diocese of Louisville. The Archdiocese of Louisville also includes the Diocese of Owensboro, Covington, and Lexington.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The Archdiocese of Louisville does not *include* the dioceses of Convington, Owensboro, and Lexington. The three smaller dioceses are their own entities. However, what the article refers to, but doesn't name, is the Catholic Conference of Kentucky (http://www.ccky.org/) through which the three bishops and the archbishop in KY work together as the four heads of the Church in Kentucky. I think Archbishop Kelly has been chairing the group, but I don't know if that is by virtue of him being the only archbishop or if it was just luck of the draw or something. Either way, the bishops of Lexington, Owensboro, and Covington don't have any "reporting lines" to the Archbishop of Louisville, only to the Pope.
Post a Comment