For those on Facebook, you may have already seen these, but for those not, I thought I would share with you what the rest of the world has learned about me this past weekend. For more information about the goal of the list, read details below the list.
1. My current car is 6 years old and has 137,000 miles (22,800 mi/year). Over half of those miles (78,000) were put on within a two year span. The car currently sits in great neglect lucky to move more than once a week, but it still has great adventures to see family and friends. Most friends say I am never in one place maybe that is true, maybe it is not. I do enjoy a nice drive through the countryside.
2. The trunk of my car contains a large blue Rubbermaid container (contents: a matte black Snell certified helmet, tarp and blanket, jumper cables, air compressor, window cleaner, paper towels, de-icer, sunscreen, Sahara Sombrero, blue chalk, flashlight), two folding chairs, magnetic numbers and letters (during the summer), spare tire, and spare tire tool kit.
3. From the age of 3 through 7th grade (10 years), I took dance lessons (tap & ballet with a few years of jazz, toe, and summer acrobatics/trampoline). I know this is shocking to those who have ever seen me attempt to dance or keep a beat/rhythm because I can’t.
4. My current job is the start of my second professional career. After spending six years as a web developer, application programmer, and database administrator, I left the technology field to pursue my desires to work with young people and help develop strong leaders in all aspects of our community.
5. I over analyze everything including the creation of this list.
6. While spending two months in Western Australia (Perth), I played basketball for the Lakeside women (Western Australian State Basketball League, second-tiered semi-professional basketball league), coached an under-9 boys basketball team, learned to kick a footy, had a kangaroo eating out of my hand, worked with the youth of the church and local schools, fell in love with Tim Tams, and much more.
7. One of the weirdest/strangest things I have ever eaten was fried cow’s blood in Puerto Rico.
8. August 1993 included a 24+ hour bus ride to Denver, Colorado for World Youth Day. I saw Pope John Paul II and still have the bandana that a kind soul gave me on the sick bus.
9. Photography is a great passion of mine. I stopped taking as many pictures years ago because I always felt like people were looking at me funny. A camera use to be attached to my every move and everything was documented. To give you an idea of my crazy picture taking: Australia 600 plus film pictures in 2 months and Ghana 2,100 plus digital pictures plus several rolls of film pictures in 2 weeks.
10. A dream of mine since freshman year of college is to have my own black & white dark room. I received honorable mention for an experimental black & white photograph in undergrad.
11. I am a pack rat rarely ever throwing anything away. That is why there are boxes and boxes of items waiting to go into scrapbooks from college years to friends’ weddings and baby showers.
12. Current collections include shot glasses, postcards, key chains, porcelain dolls, UK basketball posters, bibles, and money (state quarters, pennies, foreign currency). Collections not as frequently added to these days include pencils, pens, unicorns, stamps, baseball cards, NASCAR collectibles, and books (most have not been read).
13. Christmas is my favorite holiday and winter my favorite season. (I love the beautiful white snow outside.)
14. Often times, my first experience at events will never be topped by future experiences.
First NCAA basketball game 1994 SEC Championship game in the Pyramid, Memphis, TN, Kentucky defeated Florida. We had seats about 10 rows up from the floor across from the UK bench.
First NCAA football game UK vs #1 LSU 2007 in Commonwealth Stadium, Lexington, KY. I had seats in the end zone right in the middle of the LSU Indianapolis Alumni section. (Very nice fans to those of us wearing Wildcat blue.)
15. Would you like to catch me on IM? You probably can from any medium (ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, MSN, GMail, Facebook) you use and some may have never known of their existence. Am I missing any?
16. Summer of 1998 included the creation of my own personal website and unlike today, I had to actually figure out HTML and design the site. There was also a cool little chat feature (at the time) that I added to the site to talk back and forth with friends.
17. The one thing you will always find in my refrigerator is cheese. Yes, I am 100% addicted to cheese and working very hard to reduce the intake. There is a crisis when the refrigerator is without cheese.
18. Snooze once upon a time was not in my vocabulary or in arms reach. I truly was a morning person except on Saturday’s. Then summer of 1998 happened and 12 hour shifts at campus safety on weekends. Life has never been the same and snooze has turned into two alarm clocks.
19. I have partaken in homecoming festivities at Georgetown College every year since I started in 1996, only missing the last two Songfests.
20. So the second of the 25 in this list still has you perplexed as why I have a helmet, magnetic numbers and letters, and blue chalk in my trunk. These are all necessary things in order to autocross or solo on a Sunday afternoon. Quick: Cones are setup in a pattern in a parking lot and cars are individually timed.
21. Besides autocross, I also love to road rally and am one mean navigator. Quick: Each team is given a set of directions to navigate through the countryside at or below speed. The goal is to hit hidden controls exactly on time based on speed and distance.
22. The first thing that pops in my mind when someone talks about skiing is water skiing not snow skiing. I spent my entire childhood on the lake water skiing and finally learned how to slalom ski in college before going on hiatus for the past 9 years.
23. The conclusion and beginning of a new year of life must be celebrated to its full extent no matter the year. Therefore I love to celebrate and wish others a Happy Birthday.
24. Many are scared of the dentist but I am not as the worst thing to happen to me at the dentist was getting my four wisdom teeth cut out. (Knock on wood) I have never had a cavity.
25. If you like to play cards, board games, and other logic/analytic games, you have found a friend who will play about anytime, anywhere. But if you are interested in video games, charades, trivia, and related games, then definitely do not call me. Also I should warn you that I am a competitive individual.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently, you're supposed to write a note of 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. Then, tag 25 people. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people - in the right hand corner of the app - then click publish.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment