Wow what a week was had by many. Here in Indiana, we received around a foot of snow and sleet. Thank goodness! I will take a foot of snow any day over the massive amounts of freezing rain and ice that hit Kentucky.
Thanks to all of those who have prayed for my family, who have gone out to help those throughout the state, and continue to provide support and prayers!
My hometown was quite crippled with all of the ice. Curfews were set and I even saw that liquor sales were to stop at 10:30 in the evening. Electricity went out to many on Tuesday morning and did not come back for several days. I still have some family and friends without power though I believe a majority of them have regained electricity. Phone lines are working much better now after being down for several days and then very spotty for several more days.
Communication has been an interesting task over the past week. A lot of communication occurred between family and friends outside of the area who in one way or another had contact with their family down home. The connections created by Facebook helped me know that a) most of my family was out of power b) the reason I could not contact family was because the only phone service was Verizon. Without Facebook, I would have continued to sit in the dark unknowing of what was really happening. Friends' statuses were updated all in search for any news of those back home and the situation.
The stories of the family pulling together to help one another and others sharing and providing are wonderful. May God continue to bless and keep everyone safe who need power and who are working to provide power and clean the roads.
Check out this link for pictures of the Snow of 2009.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
From WKYT on February 4th...
The state says on January 29th, 769,353 customers were in the dark.
As of Wednesday morning, service has been restored to three-fourths of them. More than 208,000 are still without service.
Post a Comment