Sunday, March 08, 2009

Basketball Madness Before March

Last weekend was full of basketball.

Transylvania hosted the men's and women's HCAC Division III basketball tournament, which was great but not great. Not great because Franklin men had a chance to host the tournament had they defeated Defiance the week before. Great because I was headed to Lexington anyway that weekend therefore I could actually watch the games.

Friday at Transylvania
- Franklin women were defeated by Transy in the semifinal game during the early afternoon.
- Franklin men revenged the loss to Defiance to gain a final berth.

I enjoyed watching the second half of the game, unfortunately I was unable to leave in time to watch the full game or the women play.

Saturday Basketball
The afternoon started off with a nice walk from Transy to Rupp Arena to watch the UK vs LSU game. Reminder section 231 is a standing section, but I had a wonderful time with friends and Father. Unfortunately, the end result was not so great.

Previous post mentions the great dinner I had at Sawyers before walking back to Transy in the sleet/freezing rain to watch the Franklin vs Transy men's game, again an exciting game but one with unfortunate results. Franklin loss at the end.

March Basketball
A blessing in disguise may be at hand. With all the work ahead of me, I have not been watching a lot of basketball minus last weekend and doubt a lot will be watched in the upcoming weeks. Therefore, I will not be saddened by the fact the majority of my teams will most likely be missing from the tournament and keep on losing. I wish them all the best.

GO TIGERS!!!! They play tomorrow in the championship of the NAIA MSC in Frankfort.

No comments: