Merry Christmas!!!
Christmas is my favorite time of year! The joy and happiness that surrounds Christmas, the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ, and the time celebrating with family and friends brings a constant smile to my face.
The past week, I have spent time with my family near and far, young and old. Christmas Eve, my mom's family continues to gather to celebrate Christ's birth and time with family. It is a joy sitting back and watching the 15 great-grandchildren running around and imagining how us 12 grandchildren were running around Paw-Paw and Woo-Woos house as little ones. The family continues to grow, and it is such a blessing that we still gather 16 years after Paw-Paw passed away just after Christmas and the birth of great-grandchild number 1. It was great to have all but one cousin and almost all the great-grandchildren present. I pray that this tradition continues for many more years to come.
Christmas, my father's family came over to our house for a Christmas lunch. The time with dad's family is very precious as my grandparents are aging and facing Alzheimer's and dementia.
Winter is my favorite season of the year. The cold crisp air and the beautiful white snow brings huge smiles to my face and makes me feel like a kid in a candy store. Therefore Wednesday morning when I woke at 5 am, I was out on the front steps taking pictures and wide awake. I went back asleep to wake at 8 am with a bit more snow on the ground to enjoy. Thankfully, it was not the blizzard that was anticipated but a good 4+ inches of nice packing snow.
Christmas, birth of Jesus, family, and snow...The Lord is giving!
What brought a smile to your face this week? I pray that you and your family had a blessed Christmas.
Have a Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment