Monday, February 23, 2015

La Semana Treinta y Tres: Towards Healthy Living

Post 500 - Who ever imagined that I would hit 500 posts, but with this post, I have hit that mark. Thanks for journeying with me over the past many years in a very sporadic manner.

La Semana Treinta y Tres: Monday, February 23, 2015 -- 213.6 lbs
La Semana Treinta y Dos: Monday, February 16, 2015 -- 212.8 lbs
La Semana Treinta y Uno: Monday, February 9, 2015 -- 213.6 lbs

La Semana Treinta: Monday, February 2, 2015 -- 211.6 lbs (15.2 lbs -- 30 Weeks; .8 -- Past 10 Weeks)
La Semana Veinte: Monday, November 24, 2014 -- 212.4 lbs (14.4 lbs -- 20 Weeks; .2 -- Past 10 Weeks)
La Semana Diez: Monday, September 15, 2014 -- 212.6 lbs (14.2 lbs -- 10 Weeks)
La Semana Cero: Monday, July 7, 2014 -- 226.8 lbs

What a week....

Monday as promised was a snow filled day! The early morning had a mere inch or two but by midday we were up to about 8 inches of a very light powdery snow. I worked from home on Monday which was a good thing because finding a clean parking spot or even getting back into the parking lot would have been quite a chore. I did venture out about 5 pm to clean the 4 to 9 inches of snow off the car depending on where you measured. Actually, the passenger side may have had even less as the wind blew across the passenger side to the drivers leaving a nice mound of snow on the driver's side. The snow was so light definitely no fun for kids trying to make snowmen or snowballs, but it was great for cleaning off. Though no flexibility class Monday, I did get a slight arm workout pushing the snow off the top of the car and even more of an adduction/abduction workout for the legs. I found myself really using my right leg over the left. Though I tried to consciously use the left leg, it really was not happening. Amazingly, I was not too awful sore on Tuesday or Wednesday after the leg workout.

Tuesday due to warnings out in the county in which I worked, unsure of the status of the roads, and really not wanting to spend 2+ hours on the road, I decided it was best to stay home to maximize the time to work.

Wednesday - Friday, I returned to working in the office and also started a new workout. Wednesday & Thursday included flexibility class but then on Wednesday and Friday, I started a new workout. I have asked our trainer at work to provide me with a low sweat arm workout that only requires me to change into a t-shirt but will not make me sweat a ton. She provided me with two workouts this week of about 20 mins. This also works out well as I seem to have very little time to escape from work to workout, eat, or anything else.

Wednesday Workout
4 Sets of 30 curls & 30 punches with 5 lbs weights and 15 push-ups against a wall (not exactly but thats the easiest way to describe)

Friday Workout
5 lb weights again but this time we did both arm and hip exercises. I am not sure I can remember everything we did but here are a few...squats, leg kick outs, leg kick backs, curls, punches, flies.

My right heel is really bothering me this week. Thursday night I could barely walk on it later in the evening. I think part of that has to do with the boots I have been wearing due to the snow.

The weekend has been a weekend of sleeping...I fell asleep by 8 pm if not more like 7 pm on Friday night not to really wake again until 7:30 am Saturday morning. I took a nap about 11 on Saturday after doing some laundry and kitchen cleaning. I did end up staying up late on Saturday night to wake up about 7:30 am Sunday for church. I came home from church, grocery shopping, and oil change to take another 1 to 1.5 nap. By Sunday evening, I was tired again and just wanted to crawl on the couch, watch TV, and sleep. I didn't give into that until about 10 pm. Granted Thursday really put a wrench in my sleeping pattern as I took about 1.5 nap about 8 pm so I could get up and work at 11 pm. I then ended up staying up until 3 pm between working and then going to the store in order to get ingredients to make some homemade salsa for work on Friday.

It was quite a week and the weeks ahead are definitely not going to slow down, but should be full of exciting adventures. Until next week, have a blessed day! Thanks again for journeying with me!

No comments: