Wednesday, March 04, 2015

La Semana Treinta y Cuatro: Towards Healthy Living

La Semana Treinta y Cuatro: Monday, March 1, 2015 -- 214.0 lbs
La Semana Treinta y Tres: Monday, February 23, 2015 -- 213.6 lbs
La Semana Treinta y Dos: Monday, February 16, 2015 -- 212.8 lbs
La Semana Treinta y Uno: Monday, February 9, 2015 -- 213.6 lbs

La Semana Treinta: Monday, February 2, 2015 -- 211.6 lbs (15.2 lbs -- 30 Weeks; .8 -- Past 10 Weeks)
La Semana Veinte: Monday, November 24, 2014 -- 212.4 lbs (14.4 lbs -- 20 Weeks; .2 -- Past 10 Weeks)
La Semana Diez: Monday, September 15, 2014 -- 212.6 lbs (14.2 lbs -- 10 Weeks)
La Semana Cero: Monday, July 7, 2014 -- 226.8 lbs

Monday another low key workout this time with a medicine ball and then 5 lbs weights.
3 sets of 30 tossing the medicine ball straight up in the air from my chest and bringing it back down.
After each set, 2 laps around the track. The first time holding the medicine ball at the chest and pushing it straight out. The second time doing curls with the medicine ball. The third time swinging the ball straight out from the hips.

With 5 lb weights...3 sets of 10 squats and front leg kicks. Then butterflies and back leg kicks.

Definitely can tell my arms/shoulders are out of shape, but hopefully overtime, I can get the muscles back in shape. I look forward to another white water rafting trip and not feeling like I will be the one holding the team back.

Tuesday flexibility class.

Wednesday, I worked at home.

Thursday, another low key workout for the arms, shoulders, back, and hips. I cannot remember everything that happened but here are some of the exercises done. Squats, one foot balances pulling the knee forward and then kicking backwards, arm raises straight out to the side (these were hard), and a few more.

Friday a long drive to St Louis for the weekend, nothing special on the workout side.

Saturday, I attended a conference for most of the day, where I stood on my feet for a couple hours as I co-presented on Strengths to college students.

Sunday, I cleared my car of several inches of snow and cleaned a bit around the car before driving back home.

The start of some good things. Hopefully, they will continue in the positive direction.

No comments: