Monday, March 09, 2015

La Semana Treinta y Cinco: Towards Healthy Living

La Semana Treinta y Cinco: Monday, March 9, 2015 -- 215.4 lbs

La Semana Treinta: Monday, February 2, 2015 -- 211.6 lbs (15.2 lbs -- 30 Weeks; .8 -- Past 10 Weeks)
La Semana Veinte: Monday, November 24, 2014 -- 212.4 lbs (14.4 lbs -- 20 Weeks; .2 -- Past 10 Weeks)
La Semana Diez: Monday, September 15, 2014 -- 212.6 lbs (14.2 lbs -- 10 Weeks)
La Semana Cero: Monday, July 7, 2014 -- 226.8 lbs

Monday & Tuesday were spent at a work "Summit", an opportunity to learn more about the company, the future, and to collaborate with different groups across the business as well as recognize folks for achievements. It happens about every 2 years give or take a few months. I was around for the last one but only attended the evening awards dinner for both Sales and the Service Center in which I work. So needless to say no flexibility class these two days. I did get a good bit of walking around in shoes with heels. I have been doing a few random stretches as I sit in sessions.

Tuesday, I got a bit more exercise in as I walked to and from the IU vs Iowa game and up the stairs to my seat. My right heel was really killing me after this adventure.

Wednesday was back to low impact workout that killed my arms while doing but again my arms are not that sore the following days. We did 1 min sets of various arm exercises, curls, front arm raises, side butterfly raises, front punches. Then laying on our backs, straight up punches, presses, and maybe something else. We then ended with three laps around the track doing different arm exercises each lap, curls, alternating front raises, and side butterflies. My arms were so about to give out as I neared the end of each lap. My arms are so weak. I then stayed for stretching but this was focused on my foot as I rolled each foot (no shoe) over a hard ball massaging the arch and heel of the foot.

Thursday brought a foot of snow so I stayed home and enjoyed the beauty of the snow outside my window. Later that evening, I did go out to clean around my car so I could one day get out. 3 nice gentleman neighbors actually did a good bit of the work cleaning off the foot of snow from the top of the car. I then later went out and cleared the rest of the ice and snow off the top of the car and windows. But with all that snow my car was surrounded by snow that was making it very hard to get into the car and would make it difficult to get out one day as well. I was sweating and breathing hard after trying to clear the snow from the sides and front and back of the car with my feet and hands, no shovel. I did get a small clearing around the car. Not sure if I can get in the drivers side of the car or not as there is like a 1.5 to 2 foot mound of snow between me and the neighboring F150.

Friday a few stretches as I sat in the recliner working hard all day enjoying the sun shining down on the beautiful white snow.

Saturday was some walking and standing around as I co-led another Strengths session for college students in Ohio. I spent a little over 4 hours in the car driving for the day and then came home to enjoy some karting. I ran 4 races.

Sunday was a relaxing day reflecting on several upcoming programs that I have going on at church and preparing for presentations. We also lost an hour on Saturday night/Sunday morning which through a bit of havoc in life though not too much.

No comments: