Sunday, November 21, 2004

Go Cats!

Yesterday afternoon, I attend my first UK basketball game of the season. It definitely was a new experience for me. In the past, I have been extremely lucky to obtain tickets in lower arena. This was the first time to be setting up in upper arena, and it wasn’t just upper arena but the second row from the top. Definitely took me several minutes to figure out where I was sitting and get my full bearings about me. But once I figured out where I was, the seats really were not that bad. The view from the top is not a bad view. I could actually still see the players and they were not ants running around on the court. I would definitely take the opportunity again to attend a UK Men’s basketball game in about any seat in Rupp Arena.

This was also the first time that I was able to snatch up 4 tickets together for a UK game, so I invited the ‘rents up to watch there first UK game in Rupp Arena. I think they enjoyed the experience. Even my mom seemed to enjoy it and she is not a huge sports fan.

I know the 4th ticket did not go to waste J You are very welcome for the opportunity, Ashlee. I totally agree with Ash about the player intro music. It was about to lull me to sleep. There is definite need for a change in player intro music. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens the next home game.

Granted this was the first game of regular season, but I felt that the crowd was definitely energized with this team. I was impressed with their 3-pt shooting abilities though I will wait to see if they can do it consistently week after week, against all caliber teams. I feel confident that this will definitely be a good basketball season. If Kentucky fans need anything, it is a good basketball season after the lousy football season.

Go Cats!

No comments: