Sunday, November 21, 2004

Late Nights and Early Mornings

It is 5 o’clock in the morning and for almost the 10th straight night, I am up doing something for work, earlier or later than normal. The first several days of this stretch were okay because it was mostly dealing with something that I had implemented on Friday last. There were a few complications not in my implementation but in differences btwn test and production environments. All issues were resolved by Monday evening and things were running a bit smoother.

So you ask why am I up tonight? Well you see, this past week I did some analysis of drive space on some of our servers in particular production. Come to find out that a drive was getting low on space and a database needed to be moved. The only timeframe to complete is of course early in the morning or late at night on the weekends. Since I found the problem, I get the joy of fixing the problem. It’s really not too bad except that I really need some major sleep. Unfortunately, I will not get that needed sleep this weekend because the parents are in town.

No comments: