Thursday, July 12, 2007

Electronics and Lightning: Are you prepared?

For those who wear their iPod or other musical device while running, you may want to read this article. Granted it can also happen with cell phones, jewelry, pagers, and other items with metal. The musical device and the wiring into your ears is much more dangerous than wearing a ring or having a pager on your side.

In addition to the dangers of lightning, there is the dangers of not being able to hear what is going on around you or paying appropriate attention to that around. For example, a kid was talking on his phone on Sunday in Lexington. Had I not been paying attention to the fact that he was going to walk right out in the middle of the road as I sailed 55 down it. He and the car would have probably came into contact. A car on the other side also honked at him. I don't think he had any clue that what he was doing was unsafe. He was too busy chatting away on his cell phone.

No comments: