Monday, July 30, 2007

Fun Filled Week

The past week plus has been very busy with a lot of travel, but 100% worth it.

Saturday prior was the first of two trips to Lexington. This trip was short but sweet as I got to wish a good friend Happy 30th Birthday as well as wish him luck on his journey to Boston to pursue additional education. The party was full of old Georgetown folks that I had not seen in ages. It was wonderful to reconnect and touch base with everyone. I returned on Saturday night because Sunday was off to the races.

Sunday was autocross at Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium. It was actually my third trip to PJCS that weekend. Friday night, I helped the KYR folks setup the course for Saturday's head-to-head competition and enjoyed numerous runs with one of the guys testing the course out. Saturday, I stopped by briefly to check out the event before heading to Lex. It looked like a ton of fun. Then Sunday was the actual autocross event. It was the first event that I had participated in at KYR this year, and my first ever event at PJCS. The car refused to turn and though I had two good runs, I had three horrible runs, 5 cones, double DNF with a couple cones, and double tire lockup. Minus those runs, I did prove to be slightly more competitive than I have been this year.

Monday was a normal day in the office and so was Tuesday morning. Tuesday afternoon, it was off to eat ribs at Montgomery Inn in Northern Kentucky for one last time before my friend left for Boston.

Friday was back to Lexington for an extended weekend stay. I caught up with some old co-workers for lunch. Then met up with a good friend for a second trip to Cinci in a week, this time to watch the Reds vs Cubs. It was a great trip minus the fact the game started almost 1.5 hours later than scheduled. But thanks to the rain plenty of tickets were available and we got sweet seats right behind the Reds dugout to watch the Reds defeat the Cubs.

By the end of the night, I had the seventh book of Harry Potter in my possession as well. Having the first 5 in paperback, I wanted to get the last two books in paperback as well. That means having to wait for an extended period of time for the paperback version to come out. The person whom I borrowed book six from had not yet started book seven so I was anticipating a long wait before getting to read book seven. But my friend had just finished his book Friday morning and was kind enough to loan it out. Now I just need to find time to read it.

Saturday was a day of rest. I was exhausted from being out late Friday night and then staying up to talk to my friend whose place I was staying at. Saturday morning, we both got up about the same time and went for about an hour walk. It was nice to get out and walk and talk. Another one of our friends stop by to chat for a little while before the friend I was staying with headed off to a baby shower. I took a brief nap and headed to church. After church, I had a wonderful dinner at another friends house with her and her husband. We had a lovely chat and got to see our friend who was headed to Boston on Sunday one last time.

Sunday was another autocross event. Thankfully the rain stayed away during the event and we had a very successful day. I performed a lot better than previous and almost one a trophy. I was a little over .4 secs behind the second place competitor. I finally figure the course out on my last run. It just wasn't good enough to take over second place, maybe next time. One of the guys told me that someone else asked him if I had gotten race tires. He informed him that I was still running on the same old street tires, though they are almost bald. Sunday evening, I met up with a church friend for dinner and then crashed on the couch at my friends. She and her fiancee were in Cinci at an Opera.

Monday I returned back to Louisville.

No comments: