Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Where are you on the web? Do you really know?

Yes, I have Google myself on numerous occasions to see what might be found on me. Shockingly, I have a fairly uncommon name and the majority of the first items are truly me.

But today I had a new experience, which I was not quite expecting. Minding my own business preforming research on leadership associations and organizations, I ran across an article on the International Leadership Associations website about Omicron Delta Kappa's Campus Leaders Today Community Leaders Tomorrow (CLT2) program. Interested to see what the article had to say, having been apart of the Alpha CLT2 class, I checked out the link. Low and behold it was not just an article but an article with pictures. There I was.

Now do you really know where you are on the web? Answer is probably not because some things are hidden (i.e. unlabeled), but still present. Who knows where you might run across a picture of yourself?

No comments: