As I go through my day to day activities and continue to seek God's direction in my life, I have been reminded of His love and support through friends, family, colleagues, and life's happenings.
Life is full of unexpected twists and turns. It is not a picnic, but if we follow His ways and turn our lives over to Him, we will be blessed on our journey.
Evidence of this comes from this Sunday's 1st reading...
"...Elijah said to her, 'Do not be afraid. Go and do as you propose...For the Lord, the God of Israel, says, 'The jar of flour shall not go empty, nor the jug of oil run dry, until the day when the Lord sends rain upon the earth.''...." (1 Kings 17:10-16)
Where does my faith currently lie? To what and where will I go to follow Christ? How do I overcome this fear sitting deep in my heart about the next steps?
Over the past few months, I have been listening to the podcasts of an amazing man and he and his families calling to reach out to the people of this world who do not know God. For Nik and Ruth Ripken, their faith journey has taken them across many miles, through many villages, to learn about the people and share the good news of the Lord. It has been full of struggles and praises. Their work and stories provide hope and inspiration to me and so many others. I look forward to reading Nik's book Insanity of God and continuing to walk in their faith journey. Also, you can check out their video, Insanity of God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment