Oh my...how sweet it is to be in my car racing again...
What a day, I had at Applebees Park for the first points event of the CKRSCCA Autocross season. It definitely has been way too long since I have been in the car driving as fast and smooth as I can around pylons in a parking lot. Today was an awesome day, though I had to wait til after 3 pm this afternoon to actually get in the car and on the course.
The course today was not meant for my V6 4-door sedan but I think I managed my way around the course pretty well. Actually, one of the top drivers out of DSP rode with me on my second run. He was actually somewhat awestruck. He said that I ran a great line and he wouldn’t change a thing. So the next question is since he wouldn’t change a thing, how do I shave all of the necessary time off to be competitive against the Mini Cooper S. One big thing would be race tires but not ready to fork over that money just yet. I have to fork over some money for new street tires first :-)
Here are my times for the day in run order:
- 48.759
- 48.836
- 47.144 plus 1 pylon :-( …….. A new pylon magnet for the cubicle :-)
- 46.688
- 46.685
- 45.581
Not too shabby…I think by that last run I was on a role and could have cut it down to 44+ if I had one more run. Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case and the day was over.
I finished 3rd in GS behind Ron (41.592) and Betsy (42.002), 3.989 secs behind the GS winner.
Overall PAX turned out a bit more impressive with a 38 finish out of 72.
Well I am off to watch Star Wars with the guys, so I can actually see what everyone is raving about :-)
UPDATE: Overall RAW time results put me 58 out of 72. Guess it wasnt quite as shabby as I thought :-)
Sunday, May 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment