Sunday, June 12, 2005

CKR Autocross Points Event #2

Back at the Dumptruck Training pad for the city of Lexington, it was another brutal day for the GS Accord. Luckily the storms and rain came only during walk through and then cleared for the rest of the day's event. It surely didnt help me any. This may be one of the worst events, in which I have ever competed in.

The start was an optional slalom again which I caught the middle cone on two runs, which didnt matter because on the way back through the optional slalom on both runs I came off the corner too hard and had to take the the first cone to driver's side instead of to the passenger's. That failure screwed up the slalom totally and resulted in two DNF's. At least I thought I had two DNF's and a cone in each DNF. The last DNF on round 5 was not recorded nor was the cone that I hit, so not sure whats up with that. Maybe it was just a bad bad bad dream.

I had a couple good runs that I blew on the last turn totally locking the car up and loosing significant time. Though I am not proud of the results of today's event, I will post them as an update to this post as soon as they are posted on the CKR website. I will then also update the overall point calculation post and push it back up to the top. Im in very deep last position. 6 more events to make that change :-)

UPDATE:
Times
46.693+dnf
46.848
46.039
46.956
46.675 (Believe this too was a DNF)
45.948

Class 4 out of 4
Raw Time 68 out of 72
Pax Time 63 out of 72

No comments: