Sunday, June 05, 2005

CKR Autocross Fun Event #2

What a freakin hot day it was today..I believe this may be one of the warmest autocross events that I have attended in a little over 2 years. Granted it didnt help that we were out on an asphalt lot with no shade. Though I really cant complain about the lot, it was a nice lot and a decent surface. Just need a bit more parking space and we will really be in business.

Luckily for me today was a fun event, because I s***ed it up big time today. Never did a full run feel perfect. I got to fide with a couple of the guys in the first heat, which was fun. Though after riding, I new that the course was not for me today. I just wasnt feeling it.

Again, I finally dialed it in on the last run and finished with a 48.78, but it was still over 3 secs behind the class winner. Though I guess, I am finally getting a bit more aggressive, as I actually took down two cones in the slalom today. The slalom was a double slalom. You went through the optional slalom made almost a 360 and took the optional slalom again. The first time, I hit a cone it was on the way back out. The second time was the way in, and on the way back out I locked up the wheels and couldnt catch the last cone in the slalom, therefore DNF the run. :-( I was not excited about that because it was the second to last run of the day and my fastest time at that point was a 50.011. Almost 5 secs behind the class leader, which is way too far behind to be competitive at all.

The cubicle shelf will gain yet another cone tomorrow when I arrive. Not sure, if I will purchase a second cone to take care of the other cone I hit or just leave it as a DNF.

Ron took a ride with me on my second run. Again, all he had to say was you have the line down great. I asked "What can I do to get faster?". Basically, just find those right points of acceleration and braking and you will get it. Gee Weez...I think I am just going to have to get a smaller car and some race tires. Then we will see what I can really do.

Okay okay...as the majority of you know me. No that will not happen even if I really really wanted to. At this point, even getting race tires is not an option so I will just have to keep on improving and staying as close to Ron and Betsy as I can.

Once the official results are posted to the website, I will put out an update.

Next Sunday, is another event if anyone wants to come out and watch. Just send me an email or drop a note here, and I will give you the details.

No comments: