A twist on my usual Saturday Smiles as I was thinking the other day that my writing is probably sub-par and over time my readers will run away because they obtain little from my writings. Reasons abound but that can be another post.
As I thought about writing a more in depth Saturday Smiles, multiple things have made me smile again this week, but we are going to share about the previous 2 hours of my Saturday. Those who know me know I love to cook, share, and entertain in a casual way. Earlier this afternoon, I shared a lovely afternoon lunch/dinner with 2 lovely couples and one little one. (Another Saturday Smiles) Par normal, there are plenty of leftovers hanging out in my kitchen that I cannot possibly eat all of nor should I eat all. The question was who to share all the yummy food with, whose day could I make better.
My evening turned out to be full of smiles for so many. My diagonal neighbors were out sitting at a table so I stopped by to say hello and see if they would enjoy some homemade banana ice cream, brownies, and/or zucchini cake. They said yes but we continued to talk and chat for about 2 hours. While sitting outside, the neighbor above me came home and stopped by to chat as well. I offered him too some homemade banana ice cream. He has a huge like for bananas often heading to the neighboring yogurt shop for some banana yogurt. (I learned after asking.) The smile and excitement on his face after mentioning that was priceless.
So we all returned to our respective apartments, I went and gathered goodies for my neighbors and then delivered. The smiles on their faces was worth every hour after cooking and cleaning. I just hope the food is as good as the expectations has it. The couple across the ways son was a bit jealous when he called to speak to them and heard all the great food that I had brought over.
I thank the Lord for great neighbors and the opportunity to share my bounty with them and so many others today.
How have you been blessed this past week? What has brought smiles to your face or how have you brought a smile to someone elses? Please share or post on your own site.
Here is a link to my friend, who got me started posting Saturday Smiles: Journal of a Nobody, Saturday Smiles
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment