Monday, September 17, 2012

Healthier Living: Take 22

Week 22 -- 200.4 pounds
Week 21 -- 201.8 pounds
Week 20 -- 202.8 pounds (Wed)
......
Week 1 -- 211.4 pounds

Though briefly last week, I did see the scale register below 200 lbs a couple days. This weekend, I had a little fun but no worries. Clothes are fitting better, and people are commenting on the fact that I am getting skinner. I still have a long way to go but motivation and determination are playing a huge role in success. I do fear that something is going to derail me, but then I keep trying to spin it positively.

I have decided that my mid-life rebellion is to accomplish running the Louisville Mini-Marathon for my 35th year of life. In coming up on my 35th birthday, it is definitely good motivation to keep going and to get in shape. I am not getting any younger and life definitely does not slow down for the weary.

Officially registered for step 1 towards the mini a 5K run in Bloomington, IN next weekend. The goal is to complete in under 40 minutes, which I believe to be very doable. Today, I was thinking maybe 35 minutes but will not push it.

Last week's workouts...
Wednesday  -- 1.76 mile jog before church
Thursday -- 1.6 mile brisk walk w/co-worker
Friday -- 1.6 mile brisk walk w/co-worker & 3.55 mile jog/walk in 51 mins 45 secs (less than 45 mins for 3.1 miles)
Saturday -- 6 mile hike in Jefferson Memorial Forest

Thanks for all your continued support! 7.5 months to go :-)

No comments: