Wow what a week it has been! The Lord blesses us in so many ways day in and day out.
The Amazing Power of a Small Gesture
Thursday evening my phone rang and on the other end a very happy, thankful friend. The happiness and excitement in their voice all came from a small gesture of a postcard. In the mail that day, they received a postcard with some kind words of encouragement and a just thinking of you note from my trip to the National Shrine of Our Lady of Snows and the St. Louis area.
Through Mary's love and the love of the Lord, you never know how even a small gesture may change someones life. In this case, my friend called to thank me, but thanks is not what I was seeking. I just sought to share a little note and say hello, I am thinking about you, thanks for being my friend.
What other small gestures can we do to bring a smile to someones face or provide them hope? Again, I challenge you to step away from selfish temptations and touch the life of another.
Growth of the Young Professionals
Wednesday night turned out to be a successful night as well. Two individuals joined in for spiritual and social fellowship at my church. The study of the Sunday readings led to some great discussion though off tangent at times and afterwards, we all went to a neighboring pizza place for a pizza. I really enjoyed sitting back and listening to the other two talk. Both are mechanical engineers, but one is more experienced and a project manager while the other is fairly fresh out of college. The mentoring and sharing that happened Wednesday night was terrific. Everyone had a great time, and I definitely see the starts of some great friendships and group of young professionals at the church.
Please continue to pray for this group as we reach out to others. May their hearts be open to accepting God more readily into their lives and to learning more about the Catholic faith.
What has made you smile this week? For more Saturday Smiles check out the Journal of Nobody's blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment