Have you ever had the awful situation of a pen busting on you or just leaking all over the place? If so, you know partially how I felt this afternoon. I was sitting on the couch preparing to fill out a form, when I realized there was black liquid all over my hand. My hand by then was quite black and I was devastated. I ran to the bathroom to wash my hand clean, but two of my fingers and thumb remained black. So I started trying all the known remedies that came to mind: Soap, fingernail polish remover(which I actually do have though I dont know the last time my fingernails were painted), and rubbing alcohol. None of the above worked so I sent out an SOS to all of my friends online. Multitude of solutions were sent my way. Some made sense others included a lot of work (do yard work), which I did not like. Thanks to Ashlee! Who found a link on the internet that suggested bleach and water. Though we both thought it to be a bit risky, I tried it anyway. After a few minutes, my fingers were back to their normal color, though smelling quite bleachy. Oh well thats a lot better than having raw or ink covered fingers.
The moral of this story is: Don't leave a rollerball pen in the hot car for any length of time. All the ink runs out and sits in the lid awaiting the lucky victim to open it up and try to use it.
Tuesday, June 22, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment