Monday, June 28, 2004

Hello Fellow Human! Continued

My day has had so many bright spots in it and as it continues, it keeps on having additional bright spots in it. As I stated in the previous post, I spent the morning or half the day at my alma mater. I ran into my academic advisor and professor while I was there. He is such a wonderful man and someone that brightened all our lives, while at Georgetown. I think my fellow humans would agree (Ash, Chris). He has a great love and conviction for Our Lord and he is not shy or reserved to share it, which I think is really awesome. So as I sat in his office, telling him about my new job and how God is working in my life today. He had so much wisdom to provide me. If I could only remember half of what he said, I would be so much better off. Though the following is not exact wording of what he said, I hope the basic concept of his teaching is seen in my interpretation of what he shared.
Interpretation by BeNotAfraid:
Knowledge, Understanding, Wisdom - He said that he use to view these all as one, but in reading proverbs, he understood the true difference and how they relate to math/science. You have to have knowledge of the problem. To pursue the solution to the problem, you must have understanding on how to begin the proof of it. Wisdom is needed to be able to find the direction to solve the proof.

For those who are interested in teaching mathematics or are interested in his Dr A. F. latest scholarly developments, check out the following site A Real Education.

Blessed Trails!

No comments: