As I started in a comment on Ash's page, my youngest cousin, T, on my mother's side has now started his Freshman year of college. It seems not long ago that I was teaching him and several other youngsters at VBS. I was in middle/high school and they were in kindergarten. I actually moved year to year with them for several years. Now they are all grown up and in college. I think just recently I've realized that he is not the little kid in the family anymore. He is actually grown up, into a nice young man.
With him being so close now, I've also done a lot of thinking about calling him and seeing if he wants to get together for dinner or something. But then I think: Would he really want to be caught hanging out with his older cousin? Would he see me more as a adult figure in his life instead of just a cousin to hang with? On the flip-side, I would like to be in better connection with some of my cousins. It seems so hard sometimes because we are all very different and have different lives to leave. Plus we were not always that close back home, which makes it harder to be close later in life. Though we are a lot closer than most of the rest of the family.
On the flip-side to all of this, I am actually called the kid or the young one in my young adult group. I am one of the youngest ones though most of them are within 10 yrs of my age. There are a few older than that but not many. But still with the small difference in our ages, I am the kid or the little girl. Gives an interesting twist.
Sunday, August 29, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment