Two weeks later and I am at it again. Wow today was an awesome day. I really enjoyed the course at EKU. It was full of nice turns, including almost a figure out, plus a lane change followed close with almost an S shaped pattern. It was tight in spots but you could definitely get into the horsepower at spots as well. I was finally getting the hang of it on my last couple of runs. Here is my run breakdown:
1) 35.7
2) 35.175
3) 35.832 -- Tried a bit different technique here that didnt work.
4) 35.684 -- Still a bit rattled.
5) 35.042 -- Ready to go again :-) (The third place driver in my class got a 35.046 on this same run. She had been running in the 36's. Fortunately for me her last run she DNF, and I dropped another half second.)
6) 34.527
It was quite an impressive run for me. I finished 2nd in GSL (G-Stock Ladies). You combine us with GS (G-Stock) and I finished 6 out of 10. Two events in a row, I have defeated what I consider my most equivalent competition, though only by .093 of a sec. C drives a '04 or '05 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6-Speed Manual. Its a big ole car like mine :-)
Overall after the PAX (Index Modifier to make all cars equivalent), I finished 47 out of 83 drivers today. Close to the midway pt which is my best performance thus far. We have two pts events left. I am still pretty far back in pts, hanging out in third place.
Sunday, August 01, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment