Saturday, August 14, 2004

How does your favorite city rank as a Sports City?

Sporting News Magazine has ranked the top 368 sports city's in the country. They reviewed all city's for the past year from July to July. Here is a synopsis of what they were looking for: "Taking into account not only the sheer quantity of courses in its year-round sports feast and the depth and breadth of fan fervor (OK, and often angst), but also the quality of the teams in the sports we cover, Boston is our Best Sports City for 2004."

So how did your city rank? Here are a few of the local city's of interest. I was quite amazed at how well some of our local cities faired.

27. Cincinnati
81. Louisville, KY
87. Lexington, KY
302. Georgetown, KY (GO Bengals! Go Tigers!)

Additional KY Cities Round 2: (Sorry to all those who I missed the first time)
134. Murray, KY
151. Bowling Green, KY (Go Hilltoppers!!! Go Hilltoppers!!! Go Hilltoppers!!!)
175. Morehead, KY
189. Richmond, KY

The rankings were also based mostly on cities with Professional or NCAA Div I teams.

Full Article: The List: How does your city rate?

No comments: