Friday, December 03, 2004

Exercise

Okay so I have been the biggest slacker since I started this new job. Though I wasn't doing the best prior to the new job, at least I was walking about 4 times a week during lunch with some officemates at my last job. It wasn't speed walking or anything like that, but it is amazing the difference that it does make.

Now I ride, sit, ride, sit, and sleep. Definitely nothing in that routine that burns too many calories. So I have been debating on how to fix this. I am always so tired or it is way too late when I do finally get home that getting dressed and going down to the gym in the apt complex seems to be too much energy. My parents have an XL Glider, which they purchased a few years ago. It has no motors and can be packed up and put to the side fairly easy taking up little room. I kept debating about ordering one but they are fairly expensive. While I was home over the holidays, K's Merchandise had them on sale for the cheapest price that we had ever seen. I decided that was a sign for me to get one and start working out again.

I put it together last Sunday evening though tonight was the first night that I actually got on it to work out any. It was nice to get some exercise for a change. Hopefully, I can keep doing this several times a week and loose the 20 lbs that I have gained in the last 5 months.

By the way, though you may not think the little walking at lunch or on breaks does any good. I am here to tell you it definitely over times makes a big difference. You don't have to do anything major just get some nice brief exercise and your body will be appreciative.

No comments: