As I stated on Ash's blog, my first Ebay purchase occurred this past weekend though I am not sure it was my exact purchase since I still dont have an ebay login but I was apart of the bidding process. This process ended up winning me tickets to the upcoming (and now past) UK ballgames, for slightly below cost.
A college friend of mine and current co-worker of mine joined me Tuesday night to watch the UK vs Tennesse Tech game. After work, we got in the car to head towards Lexington in one of the slowest by not the slowest ride down 64. People cant drive in the rain (side note). Because of the slow traffic, we were running slightly behind. I decided that I would take S to Sawyers downtown. She had never been there and I quite enjoy it.
Nothing random for me occurred at Sawyers though S was quite puzzled that everyone there seemed to know me. Its because the sport car club goes down there once a month for our meetings and one of the members is the owner of the establishment. It is fun going into a restaurant where the people recognize and know who you are as well as what you are going to order. Darn people of reputation and readability :-)
Because of the drive and dinner, we ended up a bit late to the game, but successfully found our seats and started watching the ballgame. Oblivous to those around me, I watched the majority of the first half, when I turned to my left. There were several open seats btwn me and the next individual in the row. The first glance caught me by suprise and I had to take a second look to verify the first glances sitings. Sure enough sitting to the left of me was K. K worked at the last company though not directly with me. He and M (my American officemate) were good friends and K usually joined M, others, and I for lunch almost weekly. K also had not realized that I had come in and was sitting next to him and his father. It was fun times.
The game: Yikes that was a close game for the first half. And they still have not learned the art of blocking out yet. This seems to be a continual problem for Tubby Smith's teams in my opinion. I dont know how many times I saw players basically underneath the basic trying to get rebounds. Trust me that doesnt work for getting rebounds just the ball after its count on the scoreboard. Players these days rely way too much on there jumping ability and arm stretch to get the rebounds. Its not going to work against better teams. The true first test of the season comes this Sat at noon.
Afte the game, S and I headed back to the car, trying to stay dry and warm. Luckily it wasnt really raining when we left like it was on our way to the game. We briskly walked towards our car through the crowd. As we crossed through a parking lot in attempts to shorten our route, we walked by two individuals. The young man looked at us and we looked at him and not until we passed one another did we realize that we knew one another. So we stopped to say a friendly hello to J and finished our journey to the car.
It was an overall fun and exciting evening and I think one of the first times that I have ever gone to a UK game and actually ran into someone that I knew. I have always known of others who are in attendance but never see them. It seems quite odd considering the number of people there. I am half way guaranted to see K again as his father has season tickets just a few seats down from where my tickets are for the next few games.
Go Cats!
Additional: When I sit down in my seat, I check my phone to make sure the fam had not called and I had a text msg. Not sure who it was from I checked and Ash had messaged me, telling me if I stayed up to watch the game that I might see her. I replied to say Im here as well so I wont see ya on the tv though maybe on the big screen. I never saw her :-( . Maybe next time Ash :-)
Friday, December 03, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment