Saturday, December 25, 2004

Holiday Travels Take 3

First of all, I am safely at my parents house in Paducah. I arrived around 2 pm CST yesterday. (Merry Christmas)

This journey took about 26 hours to complete. (It was not all spent on the road so don't worry) Thanks to N for agreeing to let me follow him from Lexington to the Natcher PKWY off of the WK PKWY. As we left town on Thursday afternoon, the interestate to Paducah was closed. But I figured I would brave the roads to the exit to Owensboro and then make a call from there, to continue or make a pitstop.

The roads to the WK where passable at least one lane and went fairly smoothly. The WK was definitely down to mostly one lane and a lot more snow covered and I dont think had been touched by the plows. It was nearly 4 CST when we hit the Natcher and darkness was starting to fall upon us. A rough calculation of at least another 3 hrs ahead of me by myself, sent me on up to Owensboro to hang out with my friend Rachel and her mom.

The Natcher wasnt too bad minus being only one lane and a red Chrsyler Lebaron driving 25 miles per hr and no way to pass. They had only scrapped one lane the other lane still had a foot plus of snow.

We arrived safely in the 'Boro around 5 CST and then the world became small again (Story to follow in another post)

After a nice nights sleep, some Nertz and speed, it was back on the road. After a slight adventure getting out of the street, I made it successfully back to the Natcher. It was now double clean though the outside lane was less traveled than the inside. It went smoothly and pretty much on target.

The heartache .....

No comments: