Wow what a storm the state of Kentucky is getting hit with, at least parts of the state. Personally I have been in the rain slicked areas of central KY all day. Luckily, I took today off work to run errands prior to going home tomorrow.
But as I look towards my drive tomorrow, I see alot of obstacles in the way and the worst thing is I am not sure where the obstacles will be starting. Granted tonights location and tomorrow morning's locations are going to be totally different.
What I do know is that Paducah has already been hit by a foot of snow and its still coming down. The worst thing is that the wind is blowing so bad that its drifting really bad.
Talked to a friend who is in Owensboro at the moment and she says the crews there have gone in for the night because the plowing is helping because of the drifts. She made it to almost the Natcher before running into major trouble. Though she had sleet and rain a good bit of the first half of her journey.
For those who are safe and sound with their family, glad you took off early and made it there safely. For those of us still to leave, I pray for your safety, patience, and mindset when its all said and done.
Though the weather is frightful, I am glad that I stayed around today and this evening. The journey home will be slow but worth it. Though I was really hoping that Thanksgiving got the travel blues out of the system, but apparently not, tomorrow is going to be quite the trip.
Talk to you next from the foot plus of snow.
Wednesday, December 22, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment