Monday, March 19, 2007

Before I Wake in Pain

As mentioned in a previous post, today started my 6 personal training sessions with an underclassman student who is learning to be a personal trainer. My personal trainer is great and I am going to feel it tomorrow. I am still moving fairly well tonight though very exhausted. I definitely can tell that I will be feeling pain tomorrow morning, which is okay. If I don't feel pain tomorrow then, the workout was definitely not enough because I am way out of shape not to feel it.

Overall, the session went great. My trainer is very encouraging and was impressed with my success on day one. I actually met or exceeded his expectations across the board which was great.

Quick run down of the hr:
- Brisk lap around the track, followed by an even brisker second lap, and a third lap of jogging.
- Then it was a slight cool down with some stretching.
- Next it was off for some lower-body weight lifting, not too bad.
- Ab and back workout...that is what I am feeling the most at this point in time.
- Elliptical machine was next for a 10 minute workout. I was sure that I was going to die on this machine within the first minute. He covered up the time and made me focus just on the speed, which helped tremendously. At one point when I thought I was about done for, he suggested rotating the legs in the other direction. That helped though was a lot more taxing on my legs. Next thing, I knew the 10 mins were coming to a conclusion and it was time for cooling down.
- Next was some upper-body workout. Alright, definitely not great though.
- Lastly, he had me run my best for 1.5 mins to see where I was. He had a goal for how far we should get around the track. I exceeded his goal of making one lap by another quarter of a lap. I couldn't breath when we got done and my legs felt luck mush but it was a lot more impressive than I ever thought.
- Then we did a cool down lap, followed by some stretching.

I survived my first of 6 training sessions. I have another one next Monday and then I have a week and half between sessions because of the upcoming trip to Orlando.

PS I promise to post soon about spring break, NCAA basketball tournament, and how sore I really am when I wake in the morning.

No comments: