Saturday, March 10, 2007

Who are you watching today and tomorrow?

Wow what a start to tournament time. There have been some really good, close games in the past couple of days. Some due to good play and others because of mediocre play, but all the same close games.

The question for me today is who shall I root for the rest of the weekend. The teams that I was cheering for are all out now. On top of that, two of the three went into overtime yesterday and the other played double overtime the night before.

Kentucky had a miserable loss to Mississippi St, which I saw the replay of what happened and question the call there a bit. I dont know that it would have made a difference and after loosing such a nice lead that they deserved it, but still. It will be interesting to see where they land in the tournament.

Indiana losses in overtime to Illinois. We all knew this was going to be a close game. The last two matchups this season were down to the wire and probably the biggest competition that we had, even though Illinois hasnt been doing great this year.

Then their is Louisville who just threw that game away. They came back after half-time and did nothing but try to rush the ball around as if they were losing, while the whole time they were up by several. Pitino tried to calm the boys down but nothing really seemed to be working.

(If you cant tell, I actually watched this game. SEC wasnt televised in Indiana and Big Ten wasnt televised in Kentucky. Granted, I am a bit miffed with ESPN because as I was watching the Louisville game they said that ESPN2 was going to go to the IU/Illinois game, which would have made sense with the other game being a blowout. But they never switched over.)

So who are you watching for the rest of the weekend?
Georgetown University - Big East
North Carolina - ACC
Big Ten and SEC - I really dont know who I want to win.

No comments: