Sunday, March 25, 2007

Orlando, Here I come

By this time Thursday, I will have hopefully landed in Orlando, FL. Thursday through Sunday morning will be spent outside of the city in DeLand, FL (home of Stetson University). A Georgetown friend, his girlfriend, and their dog live there, where he works as a Chemistry professor. It has been a couple years since I have seen my friend and since I failed to go see him while he was at UNC, I figure I should take this opportunity to visit him. I am looking forward to a few days of fun in Florida.

Then Sunday through Wed April 4, I will be at the Gaylord and Marriott hotels for the ACPA/NASPA Joint Conference. ACPA and NASPA are the two largest student personnel associations in the country. They hold a joint conference very rarely and are expecting close to 10,000 participants. A ton of things are going on and I hope to learn a lot and meet some outstanding individuals.

Now you know why you most likely will not be hearing much from me the next couple of weeks. I will update you all on my return and look forward to catching up on whats happening with all of you then as well.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Be sure to say hi to him for me!

BeNotAfraid said...

I will pass the message along.