Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Autocross Points Event #3

This past Sunday was the CKR SCCA Autocross (Solo II) Points Event #3 for the season. For those who don't know, I do participate in my 2003 V6 Automatic Honda Accord Sedan :-) Yes it is a big car especially when the other cars in my class are Mini Cooper S's. Though I am not doing too bad, I actually received numerous comments on my ability from more experienced soloist this past weekend. I finished 2nd in my class which is G-Stock Ladies. If you combine us with the guys (G-Stock), I finished 6 out of 9. And I did beat the guy who drives an '05 Honda Accord Coupe Manual, which was very exciting.

My new helmet was wondermous along with my new magnetic numbers and class leaders for the car. :-)

The course was at EKU and was a very tight more technical course. Its a smaller parking lot so its not as fast because the turns are much more sharper. My best time was 35.815 with the fastest time of the day a 29.183 for a C-Modified car. Once you pax all the scores to even out the classes, I finished 53 out of 72.

Next event is August 1 at EKU. Anyone who wants to come watch or actually run let me know and I can give you more details.

No comments: