My luck or lack of luck with cars continues. I first had two Taurus SHOs (93 and 98 models). Both cars had issues with the window mechanisms.
'93 Taurus SHO
- AC went out.
- Driving the BG to West. Ky, the computer chip overheated and the car refused to start back up.
- The ignition switch had to be replaced.
'98 Taurus SHO
- Some mechanism which kept the car from actually starting unless it was jumped.
- Brake Issues
- Cylinders Stuck Open (Okay I know there is another term I am looking for here but my brain is dead. I will fix as soon as I remember.)
- Faulty Wiring-resulting in the heat not working
- Dead Battery (probably from all the jumping)
So the winter of 2002, I decided that I wanted to get a new car that would be more reliable. I looked and looked and looked. It came down to two cars: 2003 Mazda 6 or 2003 V-6 Honda Accord. I went with the Honda because of the reliability feature over the Mazda. Maybe I made a mistake because I have had several issues with it as well.
- Brake Issues (Resulting in new brake pads just a bit over a year.)
- Radio cover falling off.
- Now there is a major recall on the transmission in the V-6 Accords along with several other Honda cars.
I just cant buy a break. Excluding things that are breaking on the car. 5 months after having the car, it received chips in the hood from hail. And then this spring, I had a flat tire. Though it is my first flat tire and there was no other damage, which is always good.
Friday, July 02, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment