Friday, July 02, 2004

Freedom!

On this Fourth of July weekend, we remember our Freedom in this country. Thanks to all of those who have helped us maintain our freedoms.

Ironically, this weekend means more than just my country's freedom. Today marks the end of a nearly 4 year journey, which took a lot of my freedom away. Dear Friends who have listened to me gripe, stress, cry, and scream. Thanks for being such good supportive friends. There were good times, do not get me wrong, but times were tough a lot as well.

It was relieving to hand over my badge and fob and walk out those doors. It was weird to be walking out of what has been my life since graduating from college. But at the same time it was very liberating. There will be people that I will miss. Granted most of those people have moved on as well.

I also worked way too hard the last two days of my job. Not really sure the purpose of giving two weeks notice because nobody decides that they want to talk to you until the last two days. And at that they wait until the last minutes of those two days to talk. I finally shut everything down and escaped while the ADSM was answering a phone call. Otherwise, who knows I might still be there attempting to explain something that he just cant comprehend.

Thank you Jesus for my Freedom! I plan to enjoy these few days of freedom before starting my new job on Tuesday.

No comments: