Thursday, July 15, 2004

Out of Tiredness

Okay I really should have been in bed hours ago but instead I am blogging. It has been a very very long week for me. It all started Tuesday night. As the storms rolled in and everyone ran for cover, I sat at my cubicle at work working. We had a large deploy that was basically a lot of database backups and restoring to different environments. Some databases were quite large and took a long time to backup and restore. Finally at 2:30 am Wed morning, I headed to my friends R, L, and C to get a few hours of sleep.

On my way to their apartment, i saw a magnificent lightning show. It was quite impressive. I almost felt like I was in Kansas or somewhere else in the plains because you could see these large lightning bolts in the distance though not always so distant. They were going straight to the ground and lighting up the whole entire sky which was good since half of Louisville was without power. As I got to the apt, it started pouring down rain. Being as tired as I was I gave on finding my bag with my clothes in it and just ran for the apt. There I crashed on the couch for about 4 hrs before getting up and returning to work.

At least we didnt, break too many things and there was not much screaming because nothing was working. It was apparently a major change of structure. Im glad it wasnt horrible because I was flying solo until after 11 am.

No comments: