To help in my motivation to get in shape, I have decided to share with you my progress. Today, July 2, I ventured out for a walk/jog, across the street, around the retirement complex, and through the adjacent neighborhood, and back down 10th street to my apartment. Here are the results:
Walk -- 11 mins 39 secs (from the apartment to the retirement community railing on the east side)
Jog -- 3 mins 18 secs (from the railing to the mailbox prior to the curve on Grandview)
Walk -- 2 mins 8 secs (from the mailbox around the corner to visible site of the 3-way stop sign)
Jog -- 3 mins 8 secs (from the visible site through the stop sign to the Y close to Smith Rd)
Walk -- 3 mins 47 secs (from the Y to the mailbox out of the shade after the stop sign)
Jog -- 2 mins 37 1/2 secs (from the mailbox to the stop sign at Grandview in site of 10th St)
Walk -- 9 mins 39 secs (from the stop sign back to the apartment going straight down 10th)
Total Time: 36 mins 16 secs
Not bad for a morning workout though we will see how I feel tomorrow and Friday.
Thanks for being supportive and those that post about running, getting in shape, and/or share in person, I appreciate all the positive though indirect motivation to get me going. May the support system continue to work.
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment