Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Workout - July 9

Well, July is official here in the Hoosier state. The past few days have been very representative of the hot, muggy July Midwest, unlike the postings prior of beautiful cool sunny days. Thankfully a storm blew in last night and cooled things off. It is a slightly misty Wednesday morning. The rain held off and I went for a very nice walk/jog again improving on my accomplishments of last.

Before delving into the details of today’s workout, A couple goals that need to be put into place:
- In order to really get in shape, the left leg needs rehab. Anyone have experience or knowledge? I know what is wrong with the leg. I just failed to actually do rehab on it 10 years ago so it still causes problems. I also do not believe falling in Ghana on my knee and the huge bruise that remains helps much.
- Secondly as July continues and August is around the corner, I am going to have to get up earlier in order to enjoy cooler weather and being able to accomplish more before noon.

Today’s Workout

Total Time Walking/Jogging: 43 mins 30 secs with probably a 10 min break in the middle for stretching and additional workout. Today's workout took me down to the retirement community and clockwise around it. Then the back way around to the post office and Pete Ellis, down the bike trail to MM's, around the shortest circle clockwise, back down the bike trail, down Pete Ellis, down 10th to the second entrance of the apt complex, and finally back home.

Walk: 13 mins 24 secs - Apt complex, around retirement complex to the sign on the far side.
Jog: 5 mins 43 secs - From the sign to the telephone pole heading up the first hill on the bike trail.
Walk: 4 mins 7 secs - The rest of the bike trail.
Break: Stretching on the playground. Lateral push-ups against the play gym. 2 sets of lunges.
Walk: 10 mins 25 secs - Clockwise around the smallest circle of the neighborhood and to the top of the bike trail.
Jog: 5 mins 11 secs - The entire bike trail and down 10th street to the stairs by the post office.
Walk: 4 mins 41 secs - Back to the apartment with some wait to get across the street.
Finish with a bit of stretching and sharing today’s accomplishments.

I will say that after the first jog. I had strong thoughts about what MM and her husband would say when they came home to find me immovable or passed out on their driveway. But I mustered up the strength to continue on and return home.

No comments: