What an overwhelming week? I should be writing my 7 page paper about my own development in undergrad, which is due on Monday. I keep going in circles and not sure if I am headed in the right direction or not, so I decided it was time to call it a night. There is a ton to read and more work to do. I am sure that I can eventually get it all done but I believe this week will be one of confinement in my apartment.
So what has been happening? To start things off prior to my first class, I received a syllabus and an assignment to read 2 chapters for Y520 (Stats and Research). It actually didn't turn out to be too bad. Classes started on Monday afternoon for me. I am taking three classes this semester. Each of which is a 3 hr class that meets once a week so by Tuesday afternoon, I am totally done with classes and just have 20 hrs of work to get in the rest of the week. Which today was a very odd day going back to work after having been gone since Thursday. I felt totally out of the loop with what had been going on the past week. Luckily, it didn't take me long to get caught back up and working hard. It was actually a very productive day in the office minus the trip to Burger King for a Crossanwich. I fell into the trap when my supervisor decided to go over and get herself one.
Classes are a bit overwhelming at the moment especially since my 7 page paper is not going very well at all. I really wanted to get it complete tonight but it’s only about three pages complete and I am not even sure if that is correct. There is a lot of reading and writing, which of course I knew going in. I think the bigger issue is the organization of some of the syllabuses is poor and makes it seem a bit more daunting than it really is. So once I get caught up on this weeks work, I hope to simplify things down and make it a bit less daunting.
I currently have plans to go to a Graduate Student Organization Wine and Cheese party on Friday and then to the IU vs. UConn soccer game Friday evening, though I am starting to wander, if I truly have time to do all of that this weekend. I guess I will have to see how tomorrow goes.
Well I am sure there is more to tell but it is time for bed.
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment