Saturday, August 12, 2006

Productive Weekend

How life has changed in the past month? A month ago, I was wrapping up one life and getting ready to embark on a new life. Over the years, I have experienced a lot of changes in life but I believe this to be the one of most significance in a long time. Not only have I moved 120 miles from where I have called home for the past 10 years, I also quit a lifestyle that had me running around crazy. Not to say some of the crazy running around will not start again soon, I do believe the time that I have for myself and to actually enjoy life will be tremendous. Main reasons: I'm not working 50 plus hours a week at a computer desk, not driving 2 plus hours a day to get to work and other activitiesm, I find so much enjoyment in what I am doing even if it is sometimes very slow and seemingly uninteresting to most people.

So with all of that said, today has been one productive day. After awaking shortly after 9 am and enjoying a quick breakfast, it was time to organize and clean more of the apartment. The office area was starting to become a big clutter ball and needed major assistance, which it received. The ironing board is now along the wall and the UK crates are in the corner awaiting books and notebooks from school. All the office supplies and other related items are still in disarray, but progress is being made. I also was able to get the VCR setup to receive cable in order to tape my favorite shows :-) (Chris see I haven't fully embrassed all of the latest technology.) After all of that, I proceed to clean the apartment mostly vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom , and taking out the trash before I decided I had been productive enough for one day.

No comments: