Like many of my college friends the time has come for our 10-Year High School Reunion. I think back over the past 10 years and for one cannot believe that it has been that long, for two am sad that I haven't kept up with anyone from high school for the past 10 years. I did a decent job for the first 3-4 years but since then it has all gone down hill. I did attend several weddings of HS classmates but it seems like ages since I have talked to anyone besides the random run in somewhere along the way.
In graduating from a small private Catholic High School, I knew all 50 of my classmates so I was looking forward to seeing where everyone had landed and how they were doing. Being a small group, our class reunion was on the informal side and held at a classmate’s father's house in our hometown. It was amazing the people who did attend the reunion where mostly from out of town, while a dozen people still lived in town and did not appear. The more I talk to people the more I hear that this is a commonality of all reunions. Those that live in their hometown rarely come to reunions while those out of town seem to always come back. The 13 of us plus significant others had a wonderful time catching up and hearing stories of the past 10 years of life. I enjoyed seeing where everyone was and how they had or hadn't changed from high school. I also found it interesting that the men were mostly all married and the women were mostly all single, granted the women out number the men 2-1, but that was pretty much the class makeup anyway. It was a wonderful time and glad that I decided to take the 4.5 hour trek from Bloomington home to Paducah for this special occasion. I look forward to our next reunion and really hope that more people come out next time.
I would also like to take this time to remember the souls of two classmates:
Randall McBride
Luke Martin
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment