On Friday, I awoke early after going to bed late for some insanely crazy reason to prepare for a new and exciting adventure. The day had finally arrived for orientation into Grad School. In ways it was hard to believe that it was actually happening, but in other ways, it seemed like I had been waiting for an eternity.
One thing I will say about the day, it was a very long and tiring day though I think there were many factors that made it even more tiring. It was wonderful to finally get registered for classes and have something to look forward to and a schedule to make out. I am taking 10 hours this first semester, 3 3-hour classes and 1 1-hour class which doesn't start until mid-October. My classes start Monday afternoon and by the time I go to bed on Tuesday, I am done with classes for the week.
During the afternoon, we studied personality types and discussed our own personality from the Myers-Briggs. First, they had us try to figure out our own personality type, which I picked ISTJ and upon receiving my results, I was an ISFJ. The F was a 2 on the scale so I can see where I am very much on the border of a Thinker and a Feeler and probably depends a lot on the situation. We also learned how different personality types react in different situations. Of course, we have all studied this in the past but it was another eye opening situation to actually see the differences in a more formal outline.
After orientation, it was off to dinner with the Cohort, which you will probably hear me say from time to time. Cohort is the group of students whom all come in together there first year for the masters program. Our Cohort is one of the larger groups in a long time with 50 members strong between the Bloomington and Indianapolis campuses, with I believe 5 part-time students. After dinner, I had never been as exhausted in my life so I went home to crash. Of course instead of crashing, I had to review my schedule, try to figure out when I was going to work, and a hundred other things. With my mind going in a hundred directions as I tried to lie down to sleep, getting a good nights rest was not easy.
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment