Well, it has been almost a week since I planted myself firmly in Bloomington. A lot has happened and lots still to go. Thurs evening through Mon morning, where spent without internet and nothing but PBS on the TV. I did a lot of unpacking and rearranging of things. I believe most things are now in their basic appropriate locations. There are still a couple things out of place but not sure what to do with them. The office is in need of great assistance, as there is still a corner of boxes mostly of school and office materials that need to be sorted and organized, plus tons of papers to be filed.
Monday afternoon, I took a nice long walk to campus, unknowing of the heat advisory that was out. Guess that’s what the TV is for, learning about what’s going on. Needless to say, I survived and was smart enough to take a water bottle with me. The journey started with a walk down a random bike path towards campus and then over to the bldg for classes, which took a bit less than 1/2 hr. Then it was off to the office, which took another 15 minutes, going via the roads. I took an extra journey over to the main drag to check out parking for Tuesday and back towards the office. This is when the journey became interesting; I decided to see if I could find the path from the office to classes through campus without a campus map. In taking what seemed to be more traveled routes, I found myself on 10th Street and North of where I wanted to go, but on the path towards home so that’s where I headed. 1.5 hrs later, I found myself back at the apartment out of water and very hot and tired. Needless to say I have not ventured out on any more long journeys this week in the unbearable heat, though I am willing to go again once things cool off.
Tuesday was off to campus for the first day of work. It was an easy day of finishing paperwork, getting a parking permit (followed by finding a place to park with the permit), checking out the office, and learning a few things about what was presently going on. I took a few items back with me and went home to enjoy a relaxing afternoon. Cable...its addicting...having not had cable TV for over three years now, I found myself mesmerized by a couple movies on AMC, while I skimmed the papers during commercials.
Today was a very hot day and day of research and getting acquainted with things in the office. Our office though air conditioned was still very hot and humid, my supervisor checked out the thermostat right before we left and it was 79. No wonder we thought we were hot. I also looked at classes for the fall semester and tried to see what was offered and what times. I have 2 mandatory classes, which one is on Mon and the other on Tues. Then the decision comes into which other class to take and then depending on that which professor.
It’s late and I’m tired. So I think we will end here.
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment