Monday, August 28, 2006

Prayers and Thoughts!

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of Comair 5191 from Lexington to Atlanta on Sunday, August 27, 2006. It's a devastating tragedy and one that hits a bit close to home. I believe this will be one of those events which I will always remember where I was when I heard about the tragedy. I was concluding my weekend in the grand state of Kentucky, attending morning Mass at St. Michael's in Louisville, when during the Prayers of the Faithful, a prayer was lifted for those in the Lexington plane accident. Knowing nothing of the event, I quickly went back to my friends place to see what had happened. Thoughts started running through my head and continue to run through my mind wandering how many people on this plane was I acquainted with and fearing the worse. We always feel remorse and heartfelt pain for those involved in such tragedies, but it's time like this that the remorse and pain hits a bit close to home. Still anticipating the full list of passengers and praying that it will not hit any closer to home than it already has. I've spent most of the time on the computer the last 24 hours reading about the accident and searching for answers to my questions. Some I have found; others are still waiting. I know at least one passenger was a Christ the King parishioner and a man of great heart for others. My prayers are lifted to his family, the CTK community, and all those lives that he has touched here and all across the country and world. At times, all I want to do is cry in sorrow for this tragedy. I feel numb, lost, and confused. I think so many emotions are running because this tragedy hit so close to home, but at the same time, those here are not as closely touched and my support net is far away from me. God keep us all in your prayers and hold us tight, comforting us through all of life's ups and downs. God Bless!

No comments: